The Afognak Benefits Trust (ABT) administers the Career Enhancement Program (CEP) which provides financial support to voting ANC Shareholders who are Native for participation in events, trainings, educational classes or courses that enhance career opportunities. The CEP Program does not fund full-time traditional college or university attendance, which is defined as:
a. Undergraduate – 12 or more credits, or
b. Graduate – 9 or more credits.
Full-time college students may apply for funding through the Higher Education Program (HEP).
Who May Apply
- The Career Enhancement Program awards scholarships to (i) Afognak Native Corporation (Afognak) Shareholders who are Native, and (ii) Afognak Shareholders who are descendants of a Native.
- The two categories of eligible applicants set out in 1 above each include (i) an adoptee of a Native or a descendant of a Native whose adoption occurred prior to majority and is recognized at law or in equity, and (ii) an adoptee whose adoption occurred after the age of majority, but only if that adoptee is both a Native and a voting Shareholder.
- Applicants must be accepted to, or enrolled in, or registered to take a class or course that will improve career opportunities or current positions.
- Applicants who are in good standing with Afognak’s other scholarship programs. Applicants not in good standing with Afognak scholarship programs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
For your convenience, applications may be completed online. Submission of all required documents constitutes a complete application.
- Complete the form online at my.afognak.com
(Please use Internet Explorer web browser for this application)